Quilt-O-Rama

Friday, November 4

Rose Spirals





This is some quilting I did yesterday for a friend of my sister, in exchange for a couple of metres of cotton batting. I am thinking that she got the better end of the stick. But nevermind.

A while ago, I read on a blog (can't remember who, sorry) about someone who couldn't manage to quilt a spiral into the middle and back out again (like I have in the yellow border). So instead of trying to quilt spirals, they looped back over the inward spiral and then commented that it looked like a rose. At which point I had a lightbulb moment, and started quilting spiral roses myself. So, whoever you were, thanks for the great idea! I use these all the time now to fill in long borders, and they are so easy to do.

1 Comments:

  • Hey, I think that might have been me. It was a long time ago! Your roses are lovely. I'm thrilled to have helped you discover them.

    By Blogger Deborah, at 12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home