Quilt-O-Rama

Sunday, August 28

Finished top

Finished the top. I am trying to finish this quickly because I know I will inundated with pointless assignments, group work and exams at uni in the next few weeks. The width of this is just under 42 inches - so I managed to get the backing in one length.

Quilting detail - I have taken some McTavishing principles and added swirly things to the stars. I'm pleased with how they turned out. The background is stippled in a matching purple rayon thread - shiny shiny thread.

For the rest of the quilt, I have stippled the purple background of the stars, and I will quilt the swirly middle on each one as well. I also started an all over loopy meander on the rest of the pieces - I used a varigated rayon, which is good on all of the colours in the patches. Of course, after I started this I had a much better idea for the quilting (at 4am, when all good quilting ideas occur) but it is too late now. I toyed briefly - very briefly - with the idea of unpicking, but then I came to my senses.
2


3

5 Comments:

  • Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! Lynne, do you mind if I point people to this page?

    By Anonymous Julie, at 9:08 AM  

  • Wow. That is one amazing quilt!

    By Blogger Katy, at 10:51 PM  

  • That is one of the most amazing quit I have ever seen.
    Claudia

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:12 PM  

  • Your top is very nice, and your quilting with this shiny shiny thread (!) is very well done... congratulations !

    By Anonymous Frederique, at 1:00 PM  

  • Hi Lynne,
    I have stumbled onto your blog while searching for quilting technique tips online.
    I just wanted wanted to say that I love your colour selections and quilts...I am midway through my first quilt at the ripe ole' age of 38 and you have inspired me.
    Regards, Vicki

    By Blogger Vicki, at 2:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home