Quilt-O-Rama

Thursday, July 21

Fluffbums

Elle commented on my lovely, fluffy kitty.

All I can say is Yeah, right.

There are drawbacks to owning a longhaired cat. The obvious one is, of course, the abundance of cat hair floating around just waiting for me to walk past in a black shirt, so I look like a total scruff covered in cat hair 95% of the time. The other drawback is a little less obvious. Delicacy forbids me from going into too much detail, but I’ll just say this: Cats Do Not Like To Have Baths.

On occasion it becomes apparent that Coco needs a bath. Or rather, a bath is required for “sanitary” reasons. Yep, that’s right. One of the joys of owning a longhaired cat is the occasional necessity of cleaning said cats bum.

Yesterday was Cat Bath Day here. I’ve only had to do this twice in the past year. And that is 2 times more than I want. So I don’t claim to have the perfect method of dealing with this problem, I just don’t want a poopy bummed cat running through the house.

So I collected the necessities – rubber gloves, old towels, bucket of warm water, cranky cat – and set to work. First, lure the cat into the bathroom. Try to wrap cat in one towel so she can’t get away. Dunk cranky cat’s bottom in the bucket, and start cleaning. Try to keep hold of cat after she gets out of the straight jacket towel. Also try to keep slippers dry. Apparently this is not possible.

After turning the cat loose, I had to contend with a wet cat running through the house. I did try to dry her off, but the novelty had worn off by that stage. Maybe I’ll need to resort to this:






Apart from the obvious attraction of this haircut (the comedic entertainment), I think this might be good idea for summer.

8 Comments:

  • LOL!!!! That is the most resentful cat I've ever seen! LOL!

    I used to have a longhaired cat so I feel your pain, lol.

    By Blogger Elle, at 11:59 PM  

  • As if cats don't come with enough attitude..

    Great photo, probably practical for summer. If she's an outdoor cat, it would make it easier to look for ticks and fleas...

    By Blogger Debra, at 12:01 AM  

  • I have my second long-haired cat. The first one had this problem...but he was, cough, slightly overweight (ok, he was grossly obese) and couldn't reach. Current kitty is sleek and slender (despite the fact that I cannot go into the kitch without her following me and demanding treats) and will plop down pretty much anywhere (ALWAYS in front of guests) on her back, stick back legs straight out, fold herself in half, and bathe.....Instead of shaving the entire cat, you might want to just take scissors, enlist the assistance of an unsuspecting friend, and severely trim the fur in the cat's nether regions....

    No matter what you do, try to get someone to video. You could win $10,000 US.....

    teri

    By Blogger teri springer, at 8:14 AM  

  • OMG! This is a classic! But Elle is right, does look like CoCo has some resentment about her new cut.

    By Blogger jenclair, at 1:10 AM  

  • You need to send this picture to www.mycathatesyou.com ! Hilarious.
    Frightening!

    By Blogger deb, at 7:22 AM  

  • I just grab the scissors and snip-snip, away go the stinky bits. I'm not sure I'd survive a bath.

    By Blogger Nikki, at 10:53 AM  

  • I really needed to laugh out loud today and that picture of your cat is priceless!!!

    I cut the fur off of my cat's tail and she peed on my bed. So start looking for some surprises!
    SuSan
    http://creativechick.blog-city.com

    By Anonymous susan sorrell, at 1:40 AM  

  • Oes Tsetnoc one of the ways in which we can learn seo besides Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa. By participating in the Oes Tsetnoc or Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa we can improve our seo skills. To find more information about Oest Tsetnoc please visit my Oes Tsetnoc pages. And to find more information about Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa please visit my Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa pages. Thank you So much.

    By Blogger Adi, at 9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home