Quilt-O-Rama

Wednesday, July 27

Finished.


Well, it’s finally done. You'll notice I went to absolutely no effort to tidy my bedside tables before taking this shot. I hope you appeciate that. I really must paint in there - the beige-iness is very boring.

I had to make pillow shams as well, because apparently some people still make their beds up in the morning. I have never had this habit, and I don’t intend acquiring it either. I make up the bed right before I get in at night, and I have science on my side. Apparently dust mites thrive in made up beds, but not so much in unmade beds. That’s my theory and I’m sticking to it! (I also think it is unhygienic to dry dishes with teatowels, so I never do this either. Air drying is much more hygienic. )

I managed to wash the quilt in the washing machine this morning, after a few false starts. We have a front loader, in which I have managed to wash a queen-sized doona previously. It keeps beeping at me and refusing to start. I think we finally decided that the load was unbalanced and we jigged the quilt around, and managed to get it started. Then I prayed to the Fabric Gods that none of the dyes would run, as I am not a prewasher of fabric. And it needed a wash; the water that came out of the machine was DIRTY!! But not green, as I had feared, so I guess the fabrics were OK and didn’t run.

Delivery day is Friday!

Apparently cats like tape measures.

3 Comments:

  • I wish I had the patience to do a bed quilt...the desire but not the will to actually make one...there is an wip of an attic window in batiks for my bed hanging in the closet. it might get finished in my life time. (sighing)

    By Blogger Karoda, at 12:01 PM  

  • Oh Lynne, this is beautiful. Even the shams!! Truthfully, my *bed making* consists of getting up, grabbing the sheet and fleece blanket by the near edge and giving it a flip/snap and calling it good. However, if I had a beautiful bedquilt like that I would have to make my bed. Only problem is the cat has a nasty way of telling me when she is angry with me....yep...she pees on the bed. I am glad I have a waterproof mattress cover but I have had to remake the bed just before crawling in more than once. Gives all new meaning to the expression "pissed off."

    teri

    By Blogger teri springer, at 11:01 PM  

  • I am so amazed that you quilted such a large quilt on a small machine! The beautiful wreath in the center is my favorite part! Jen

    By Blogger Scrapmaker, at 1:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home