Quilt-O-Rama

Tuesday, May 31

Coconut slice

Since I have been inundated with recipe requests after the infamous Coconut Slice Incident (not really, but Deborah did ask me for it) here it is:

Best Ever Coconut Slice
(really, it’s called that in my Women’s Weekly cookbook)


90g butter
½ cup of castor sugar
1 egg
1/3 cup self raising flour
2/3 cup of plain flour
½ cup raspberry jam

Topping
2 eggs
1/3 cup of castor sugar
2 cups of coconut

Grease a 19 cm X 29 cm lamington tin (Swiss roll tin? A slice tin?)

Cream butter, sugar and egg in a small bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Stir in sifted flours in 2 batches. Spread mixture evenly over the base of prepared pan. Spread evenly with jam, then coconut topping.

Coconut topping

Beat eggs with a fork, beat in sugar and coconut.

Bake in moderate oven (190-200 c/375-400 f) for about 35 minutes. Cool in pan, cut when cold. Do not place on stove element to cool. Look for the proper cake rack.



I used raspberry and apple jam because that’s what was in the house, but I guess you can use any flavour you like. I don’t know how much 90grams of butter is in imperial weights.


It’s exam time so I am in full panic mode. First exam tomorrow, and the final one is on the 16th. I can’t wait for it to be over.

3 Comments:

  • Good luck with exams, sweetie!

    By Anonymous Caitlin O'Connor, at 7:58 PM  

  • This sounds yummy, thanks for sharing! Good luck with the exams, take a deep breath, they'll be over before you know it. Jen

    By Blogger Scrapmaker, at 2:41 AM  

  • Yum. I guess you'd have to be a real coconut lover -- most of my family isn't. Oh well. Good luck on the exams.

    By Blogger Deborah, at 3:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home