Quilt-O-Rama

Saturday, April 9

Things I Need to Know

I read in a comment on someone else’s blog (sorry can’t remember which one) that Wonder Under is 99 cents for, I presume, a yard of the stuff. Is that really true? Because if it is I am PEA GREEN with envy. It costs $6.50 per metre here, and because I am cheap, ummm - extremely careful with money, I don’t use it as much as I would like to.

On the subject of prices, I would also like to know how much you expect to pay for fabric in a quilt store, not the cheapest price, just the average price. (But tell me the cheapest prices too, just to make me really jealous!!) And then I will shock you with the prices of fabric here.

Do people actually use freezer paper for freezing stuff? Instead of plastic bags? Why? And tell me how much it costs in a supermarket there, because you can only buy it in quilt shops here, and it’s not cheap either.

And finally, can someone please, please tell me what the big secret is on Desperate Housewives? You will not spoil the show for me, I promise! In fact, I will enjoy it all the more knowing in advance what is going to happen.

No sewing being done by me – more essays to write, each more boring than the last. The one I am finishing today is supposed to be 1000 words, and I am expected to jam 15 references in. I am up to 9 journals so far, and I have 23 words to go to get to 1000 words. To be handed in on Monday!!

And for no particular reason, cats. I bought this cat thingummybob. The packaging assured me that it is "cat powered". They fall for it every time.

4 Comments:

  • Yes Wonder-Under can be found for $.99 here. Don't you have Vilene Bondaweb there? If you don't have an inexpensive fusible then I will probably never be asked to teach in OZ. Darn, I want to go there so badly.

    By Blogger Mrs. Mel, at 10:22 PM  

  • I usually pay around 1.59 for Wonder-Under. Quilting fabric I usually pay between $7 and $9 a yard, but hand-dyed is more. In NYC I paid around $12-13 per yard and I thought that was a little pricey, but when I got home and washed and ironed it all, I noticed it was of very high quality fiber.

    By Blogger PaMdora, at 3:16 AM  

  • That was me who said I buy WU at Walmart for about 99 cents. I have no idea how much freezer paper costs. I bought a huge roll at the grocery store years ago and I'm still inching through it.

    By Blogger Deborah, at 12:00 PM  

  • It's about 1.97/yd @ my local Hancock Fabrics (no Wal-Mart nearby) and I almost had a fit at a shop where they were trying to sell it for 3.95! I want to say my freezer paper was about $4 at the grocery store and like Pam, my fabrics are about $7-10/yd. I also like using African fabrics, and have a great store that I get it from for much less than the others.

    By Blogger Elle, at 2:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home