Quilt-O-Rama

Wednesday, February 16

Plans


I finished the quilting on Poppy, and tried some different textures to see how they affect the background. This was a fun piece, so there are bits I like and bits I'm not thrilled with, but it's OK. I'm going to do more echo quilting (which you can't really see on the petals) on other quilts, because I like the effect it created here. And I zig-zagged the edge, which is so quick and easy I'm going to use it on more quilts.




I try and try to keep cat hair off my fabric. It's a losing battle.

This morning my sister and I went shopping (it's her birthday tomorrow) so she could pick out her birthday present. So we went to Pussies Galore at Paddington, which is a shop full of cat related knick knacks and stuff. It's a lovely little shop, I've been there once before but it was before I was a cat owner, so I wasn't really into it then. Frances picked out a cup and saucer set, decorated with - of all things - cats! And the shop cat - Louis - was lounging on the counter allowing everyone who passed by to pat him.

And I did a lovely reverse park in one go, a feat not performed since I passed my driver's licence test in 1992. (I won't mention the multiple (more than 3) point turn I also did, well, it was a very narrow street!)

Off to buy a torch for Nicholas to take camping tomorrow (he's going to Moreton Island for one night). Frances and I are taking advantage of our childfree status tomorrow (Jerome is also at camp this week) to go up the coast for the day. So far the plan is: Drop Nicholas off at the ungodly hour of 6.45 am, head directly up the highway to Tewantin, Noosa, Maroochydore and Mooloolaba and Caloundra, and cruise second hand shops for the rest of the day. Plus have a nice lunch in a nice cafe. We don't have to be home by a certain time! Hooray!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home