Quilt-O-Rama

Saturday, February 5

Minimal progress

I've spent a lot of time this week doing not very much. Very little sewing being done, some hexagons, but apart from that nothing.




This is a block from the 2nd prize art union quilt that QQ runs each year - I thought it would be quick to get started, obviously it's been a while since I constructed a fiddly applique picture, because getting it to this stage took me 2 hours. It has to be blanket stitched by hand. By Me. Oh well, it's easy enough to do. The rest of the quilt is more Australian animals partaking in ocker activities such as sailing, football, surf life saving and sledding in the snow. Wait a minute - sledding?? SNOW??? What's going on here? Snow is such a rare occurence (apart from the tiny ski region down south somewhere) that it makes the national news if there is any snowfall at all. Actually, it did snow somewhere down south this week (Victoria maybe?) in the middle of SUMMER. It made the lead story on just about every news program that night. I still have to add goggles to these guys - how could they go snorkelling otherwise?



This cannot be comfortable.


But apparently it is.

1 Comments:

  • My dog Woody used to sleep like that... I could never figure out how his spine let him... thanks for the visual reminder.

    By Blogger Debra, at 8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home