Quilt-O-Rama

Thursday, February 24

Bad Boys

You might recall the picture of Jerome's face, which I posted the other day. He wanted to see up his nose.

I had to be at Uni for a couple of hours, and his mother was sleeping after a night duty. As I was about to leave the house, the power went out, so I left after giving him specific instructions:

  • Keep the doors locked
  • Don't let anyone in
  • Answer the phone if it rings
  • Don't go in the backyard
  • Don't open the freezer at all (because the power was out)
  • Open and shut the fridge quickly if you need something in there

Well, he took more than just that one picture. He took pictures of cars driving down the street, of Sparkle, of the driveway, of the empty street etc. About a dozen in all.

So while I am innocently loading my photos onto the computer on Monday night, I see all these shots, which I know I didn't take. The nose picture was first, and I saw a couple of the cats, and cars driving down the street. And then..........................

If you've seen the movie "Dickie Roberts: Former Child Star" (unfortunately I have, but I only rented the DVD on $1 Tuesday, I didn't pay lots of $$$ at the cinema) you will no doubt remember the scene where a fan recognises David Spade (as forementioned Dickie Roberts) and obnoxiously asks for a photo. Which Dickie Roberts obligingly gives him, by sticking the camera down his pants and taking a photo. Charming.

Let me just say that Jerome will be called Dickie Roberts in this house for a looooong loooong time.

I still haven't recovered from the shock.

The next time I have to leave Jerome at home, my instructions will include:

  • Don't touch my stuff
  • Don't touch my stuff
  • Don't touch my stuff &
  • Don't stick my camera down your pants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!






1 Comments:

  • As the mother of third grader, I appreciate the advance warning of the level of specificity I will need to use for my own trips away from the house in the future. Girls might not try that exact shot...but then again, you never know. Thanks for the warning!

    By Blogger Diane, at 3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home