Quilt-O-Rama

Tuesday, January 11

How to Quilt?


Isabella Posted by Hello

This is a sample that I am making for a friend of mine who owns a shop - it is "Isabella" designed by Valori Wells. It went together OK - although I did find a little mistake in the instructions, and some of the cutting directions weren't as clear as they could have been.

So now I am stuck on how to quilt it. I've done a bit of ditch quilting to stabilise it, and that's as far as I've got. There is so much going on with the fabric, that any quilting I add won't really be noticeable anyway. Guess I'll just think about it for a while and wait for inspiration to strike. I want to get it finished and out of the way!

2 Comments:

  • Hi, lovely quilt :-) I'd quilt around the flowers and maybe do some heavy quilting radiating from the centre of the blooms to try and give them a 3D look

    Cheers
    Claire
    (Little Fish Creations... another Australian in the Artful Quilters Webring)

    By Blogger Claire, at 7:55 PM  

  • Hi, i love this quilt. I have been trying to source the fabric. Can you remember where you purchased it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home