Quilt-O-Rama

Wednesday, January 19

Exciting News!

I have just been asked to have two of my quilts featured in a "Showcase" in a quilting magazine! And they want to interview me. I won't be able to wear hats if this continues!!

And the two quilts are:

Coco and the Yellow Worm of Happiness (there actually is a yellow worm, as you can see, and Coco is absolutely obsessed with it. She will fetch and retrieve it over and over again, I've never seen a cat fetch anything before. Only it's not so yellow anymore, because she loves it so much.) While I was making this quilt, she also tried to pick up the worms from the quilt top. I nearly wet myself it was so funny. Oh dear, I am turning into a weird cat lady. My sister and I will be the old ladies down the street living with 300 cats in their house. She will be the one with a teatowel on her head.


And Hexaholic - here is a close-up of it while it was in progress. I particularly like the rainbows and the edge. I tried a couple of different border fabrics, and it was amazing how different the colours appeared. A blue/green border emphasised the blues in the quilt, while this one makes you focus more on the pinks/oranges and reds.




2 Comments:

  • Hi Lynne,

    Congratulations on the magazine :-) are you able to tell us which one?

    Cheers
    Claire

    By Blogger Claire, at 7:50 PM  

  • Congrats Lynne! Enjoy every moment of it :)

    By Blogger Karoda, at 4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home